Got a Cranky Baby? Calm Them Down for their Baby Photo Shoot!
Any photographer who has experience capturing baby photography will tell you how difficult it is to capture shots that make people go goo-goo-gaa-gaa. Babies are incredibly fussy and sensitive during their first few weeks into the world.
Maybe it’s because they are still adjusting to the drastic change in scenery.
Yet, babies are unpredictable little human beings. You don’t know how they’ll react next. Worried that your baby will become cranky during or before her photo session? Follow these helpful tricks to calm them down before the big day!
Important Tips to Help a Cranky Baby Get Settled Quickly
Here are some things that you can do as a parent to settle your baby quickly before a photoshoot:
- Keep your baby comfortable and prevent movement by wrapping in a shawl, towel, or scarf
- Your baby will pick up cues from your state… stay calm and your baby will be just fine
- Try rocking your baby or whispering to calm him or her down if getting cranky
Try the Swaddling Technique
Newborns hate the feeling of lying on their backs with arms and legs free. Babies are more likely to startle in this position which means maneuvering them for a new pose can become difficult. Remember to swaddle your baby up and get the wrapped shots out of the way,
The lying down pose with toes cutely tucked under their bottoms is also a popular newborn pose that can be conducted with comfort in mind.
How Does the Photographer Help
We have experience in dealing with babies when it comes to taking the perfect shot. Newborn photographers NJ also utilize a few tricks to ensure your baby is calm during the session.
- White noise is played in the studio
- Cold hands can startle or upset infants. Photographers with poor blood circulation often wear gloves to keep their hands warm.
A good newborn photographer NJ will also make sure your baby is comfortable by asking these questions before the photoshoot.
- Has the baby eaten recently? Maybe she is cranky because of hunger or has gas bubbles and needs to burp…
- What temperature is the baby? A bare newborn within a couple of weeks of age are comfortable in the 85 degrees range.
You shouldn’t let just anyone handle your baby during their photoshoot. Make sure you can trust them first before giving this important task!
Get in touch with Shoshi Sharabi and find out how she handles newborn babies.